- Market related, to be discussed in interview
- Grade 12
- 3 Years’ experience in the Insurance industry
- RE5 examination completed successfully
- 1-3 years Financial / insurance / call-centre experience (Short term Industry)
- Short term Claims experience is a preference
- Experience in TIAL / System A / ROC will be beneficial
- MS Windows and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word etc.)
- Short term Insurance Industry / Policy wordings / Assessor reports / Insurance principals
Duties will include:
- Use appropriate tools (TIAL, supplier contact and / or negotiation) to accurately cost the claim, and make an informed and appropriate decision which is correct for the business and reasonable for the customer.
- Ensure correct information is obtained from the customer – by asking the appropriate questions and listening – to make correct decisions.
- Ensure capturing of detailed, accurate information.
- Remain up to date (have good general knowledge of) with insurable goods, and knowing where to find appropriate information.
- Ensure claims are finalized within set parameters (turnaround time, terms and conditions applied accurately).
- Ensure regular feedback to customers and other stakeholders, as determined by the company and/ or customer requirements.
- Building and maintaining relationships, and liaising with key stakeholders (e.g. Assessors, Panel beaters, Brokers, Legal, suppliers etc.) to meet job objectives.
- Taking accountability for full resolution of claims processes (incl. the communication of the outcome of the claim), to deliver a quality service to, and retain, customers.
- Take accountability for the resolution of customer complaints, with a view to customer retention.
- Be innovative and use judgement to solve unique or unusual customer situations outside set parameters, with a view to customer retention.
- Deliver on Treating Customers Fairly principles in alignment with regulatory requirements.